Get Ready with OnBoard Development Group
The OnBoard Development Group gets women closer to their goal of serving on a for-profit board. With a focus on personal marketing skills, we prepare you for the board interview process ensuring you clearly articulate the value you bring to the table.
The program helps you:
- Understand the value you bring to the boardroom
- Convey your value in a compelling way
- Expand your network
- Prepare for board-level interviews
We help you focus, sharpen and take action.
The Benefits of OnBoard Development Group:
- Support | Take advantage of support and learning in a confidential environment to develop your personal brand and prepare for targeted board interview opportunities.
- Value | Make your personal value known by obtaining clarity and a greater ability to articulate what you bring to the table. Receive clear, relevant feedback about development needs from our OnBoard Development Committee.
- Connect | Increase the size of your personal network to connect for greater visibility and opportunity.
- Plan | Take action by creating an attention-grabbing bio and developing a personalized plan to raise visibility.
- Events | Program members are invited to OnBoard invitation-only events and will receive discounts to all other events offered throughout the year.
How It Works:
Each year up to eight new members will be accepted into the OnBoard Development Group. Senior-level women are encouraged to apply and those with a significant span of control and influence, regardless of title, should consider applying. The selection process includes a written application and formal interview. All applicants interviewed will receive feedback and suggestions for further development whether they are accepted or not.
The program starts each year in April and meets six times in the program year. Participants must be able to attend meetings and workshops in Atlanta, Georgia, in order to benefit fully.
Applicant must be a member of OnBoard. There are only two seats left in the class so applications will be taken through 3/31 on a first come basis for those qualified. Download Word or PDF application. Early submission is encouraged since seats are committed as applications are accepted. The non refundable fee of $1,800 is due in full within 10 days of acceptance or by the first session if sooner.
OnBoard Development Group Leadership Committee:
- Celeste Bottorff– Retired as Vice President at The Coca-Cola Company where she led corporate reputation and strategic growth initiatives. Celeste has served on both public and private corporate boards as well as boards of several not for profit groups.
- Sarah Ernst– Partner at Alston + Bird with significant experience advising public and private company boards on the complexities of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities offerings.
- Lynne Homrich– Former VP of Human Resources for The Home Depot where she was in charge of executive development and succession planning for entire enterprise. Lynne also managed on-boarding and assimilation for all CXO new hires and internal promotions.
- Mary Madden– President & Executive Director of Atlanta Chapter of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and Co-chair of Women Corporate Directors (WCD-Atlanta). Previously Mary was a serial entrepreneur and served on the public boards of Information America and Synavant as well as the boards of several private companies and nonprofits. .
- Rona Wells– Former P&L corporate executive with private board experience, as well as a background in governance issues and board dynamics. Rona was a leader in founding a national organization to advance women to the boardroom (InterOrganization Network).