Get Ready with OnBoard Development Group
The OnBoard Development Group gets women closer to their goal of serving on a for-profit board. With a focus on personal marketing skills, we prepare you for the board interview process ensuring you clearly articulate the value you bring to the table.
The program helps you:
- Understand the value you bring to the boardroom
- Convey your value in a compelling way
- Expand your network
- Prepare for board-level interviews
We help you focus, sharpen and take action.
The Benefits of OnBoard Development Group:
- Support | Take advantage of support and learning in a confidential environment to develop your personal brand and prepare for targeted board interview opportunities.
- Value | Make your personal value known by obtaining clarity and a greater ability to articulate what you bring to the table. Receive clear, relevant feedback about development needs from our OnBoard Development Committee.
- Connect | Increase the size of your personal network to connect for greater visibility and opportunity.
- Plan | Take action by creating an attention-grabbing bio and developing a personalized plan to raise visibility.
How It Works:
Each year up to ten new members will be accepted into the OnBoard Development Group. Senior executive level women are encouraged to apply but also those with a significant span of control and influence, regardless of title, can be considered. The selection process includes a written application and interview. All applicants interviewed will receive feedback and suggestions for further development whether they are accepted or not.
The program starts each year in March and meets six times in the program year. Participants must be able to attend meetings and workshops in Atlanta, Georgia, in order to benefit fully.
Applicant must be or become a member of OnBoard. Applications for the 2019 class will be taken starting in December 2018. Since the class will be filled as applications are submitted and approved, early submission is encouraged. The non refundable fee of $1,800 is due in full within 10 days of acceptance or by the first session if sooner.
OnBoard Development Group Leadership Committee:
- Celeste Bottorff– Retired as Vice President at The Coca-Cola Company where she led corporate reputation and strategic growth initiatives. Celeste has served on both public and private corporate boards as well as boards of several not for profit groups.
- Sarah Ernst– Partner at Alston & Bird with significant experience advising public and private company boards on the complexities of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities offerings.
- Constance Diericks, PhD– Consultant and author who specializes in working with organizations at the board level in such high stakes situations as mergers, acquisitions, CEO succession, board effectiveness, strategic change and crisis.
- Mary Madden– Former President & Executive Director of Atlanta Chapter of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and Former Co-chair and CO-Founder of Women Corporate Directors (WCD-Atlanta). Previously Mary was a serial entrepreneur and served on the public boards of Information America and Synavant as well as the boards of several private companies and nonprofits, such as Atlanta Chapter of the NACD (former), and Books for Keeps (current).
- Rona Wells– Former P&L corporate executive with private board experience, as well as a background in governance issues and board dynamics. Rona, a past president of OnBoard, was a leader in founding a national organization to advance women to the boardroom (InterOrganization Network).